Saturday, December 21, 2013

The Desert WIne Guy - 2011 Peirano Estate Cabernet Sauvignon

   O.k everyone here is the promised review of the 2011 Peirano Estate Cabernet Sauvignon from Lodi, C.A. I'll start off  with the beginning of the review by giving the end of the review right away. Are you ready? Get a bottle NOW!
   This review was prompted by the fact that I had already done a tasting for the 2009 Periano Estates Six Clones, Merlot (see my review already posted below) also from Lodi, C.A. I went to the store to buy another bottle  and there were no more on the shelves, they were sold out. Oh no, what do I do now, I thought. I started to look over the shelves and came across the Cabernet Sauvignon from Peirano Estates (http://peirano.com/vineyards.html) and figured, why not. Boy am I glad I did because this wine is a winner in every way. To start off the price on the bottle is around $11 which makes this wine accessible to everyone and when you taste it will please you even more. The big question is what do you get for $11? The short answer is, an outstanding wine that's what you get.You get an incredible Cabernet Sauvignon at an incredible price that's what. Please read on.
   This delightful wine starts off with a very light in color pour but don't let that disuade you from giving this wine a taste. The first taste was done without Decanting and at while at room temperature. The first taste to hit your palette is Oak which is quickly followed by Current, Black Berry and ending with a very Black Cherry and the slight hint of chocolate. All of the flavors are combined to create an incredibly smooth, evenly balanced Cabernet Sauvignon. The wine even lends to a hint of spice which I find is most interesting and welcome in the Cabernet. Tannins, for the most part are absent in this wine but they are not really missed or needed to be honest since the flavors are combined so well. The Oak is the most powerful taste here but yet not overpowering as it combines well with all the other flavors as I have already said. I think that the Oak combined with the Current sets this wine off. The Black Berry and the Cherry just continue to drive the wine over the top and into the area of fantastic.
   My suggestions for drinking this wine is that you chill it but only slightly. I think that room temperature for this particular wine might be too warm. I would Decant it also since I feel the flavors would express themselves even more. If drank this wine with dinner I would make it on a night that a heavy meat is served. This wine lends itself to a steak or roast or perhaps even a strongly flavored Sausage .Having said this I would stay away from Chicken or Pork with this wine since the texture of the meat I feel would not be dense enough to enjoy this powerful Cabernet Sauvignon masterpiece with.

                                                                                                       The Desert Wine Guy

No comments:

Post a Comment

2020 Matt Parish, Cabernet Sauvignon - Coombsville

      It's not every day that I spend more then say... $20 for a wine but lately it seems that I have been doing so a bit more often the...