Sunday, December 24, 2023

The Desert Wine Guy - 2021 Introvert, Chardonnay

    


    Today my German Shepherd puppy (Leonardo) got his first bath. That's pretty big news as he smelled like a ....dirty puppy. I figured that since I was cleaning my bathroom today anyway it was a great opportunity to clean him as well. He is so cute guys. He is a 13 week old, medium haired and he is super smart. He took to healing like he had been trained before but I did get him at 8 weeks old and I know the breeder so I am sure that he was not. He goes to bed at around 8 PM in his crate and sleeps all night without needing to go potty. Amazing can't describe how super well behaved he is, he is truly an old soul. I am going to put a picture of him in this review because he deserves to be seen by everyone. Right now guys it is wine review time so let's do that.
Leonardo
   
   This is going to be a rather interesting review as this wine was being given away for free if you spent $50 or more at the store I went to. Of course as you would expect, I spent that amount plus a bit more and so here we are. Today's wine that is up for review is the 2021 Introvert, Chardonnay. The wine normally costs $12 but as I said, I got it for free:) The bottle is cork (real) sealed which was a surprise to me considering it is from a wine broker that no one probably has ever heard of. I am thinking that in reality, this is bulk wine repackaged but we will soon see. The alcohol percentage comes in at 13.5% and the grapes which are 100% Chardonnay come from California in general. As a last bit of specs on the wine it sat in 70% Stainless steel and 30% oak. 
   As far as the bouquet of the wine is concerned, it is pretty decent as I do enjoy the smell of rich, fruity white wine. With notes of moderate oak, bruised apple and a lot of that oak caused vanilla, the wine is kind of scaring me a bit palate wise as I am not a lover of the typical American Chardonnay that sits in oak for extended periods of time.
   Now as far as the palate is concerned, when I first tasted the wine, I kind of felt let down a bit. I really didn't know what to expect from the wine although I did have an idea. I was really excited to taste this wine but when I did, I ended up getting what I kind of expected. So, what did I get for free? For free I got a Chardonnay that was overwhelmingly dominated by oak, vanilla and baked apple, just as the nose presented. To be quite honest, I got not much else. As a last note, I am picking the slightest bit of a viscosity up here that I truly do not care for at all.
   Alright guys, I need to close this extremely short  review out by letting you know that a "reputable" wine magazine rated this wine at 87 points which on their scale means "very good". I think that I should let you know that this magazine and I almost never agree as they rate what I consider to be bad wines high and what I consider to be good wines, low. I will tell you straight out that I do not consider this wine to be a good wine. As I thought in the beginning, this is simply a bulk wine repackaged into a smaller bottle and nothing more. Dominated by oak and vanilla, this wine is missing anything compelling, anything exciting or in short, anything worthy of a decent score. On The Desert Wine Guy rating scale, I am giving this wine 84 points. While it is barely drinkable, there is nothing positive about it that I can pick out and nothing that would have me buying it if I happened to come across it in the future. 
  
 
                                                                                                The Desert Wine Guy
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

2020 Matt Parish, Cabernet Sauvignon - Coombsville

      It's not every day that I spend more then say... $20 for a wine but lately it seems that I have been doing so a bit more often the...