Sunday, February 22, 2015

The Desert Wine Guy - Guest Post - 2012 Columbia Crest H3 Cabernet Sauvignon

 
                                             
   O.k fans of The Desert Wine Guy.  Today I have put up a guest post on the 2012 Columbia Crest H3 Cabernet Sauvignon that I received from a fan (thank you Donna) of my wine Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/DesertWineGuy). Donna was lucky enough to win a wine related contest on said Facebook and her prize was this review wine. I have posted her review exactly as she sent it to me, I hope you enjoy it and to Donna, thank you for taking the time to let me know what you think of the wine.
                                        
2012 Columbia Crest H3 Cabernet Sauvignon
            
   I was privileged with being able to try a Cabernet Sauvignon called H3, Horse Heaven Hills / 2012, Columbia Crest. I received this wine from Desert Wine Guy. It was a nice wine, that I paired with a sharp cheddar cheese ball. I found it had a full flavor. Hubby found it on the dry side, but I prefer drier wines. It is a lovely wine that you can enjoy with a meal, or just in the evening while relaxing. Personally I preferred to pair it with the cheese ball. It brought out the flavors in the wine much better. It brought out the deep berry flavors better, and it has a lovely cocoa finish. When you first open the bottle you will smell a lovely aroma of deep berry fruits and currants. If you like sweet wines, this wine is not for you. It is for people that really enjoy drier, finer wines.

No comments:

Post a Comment

2020 Matt Parish, Cabernet Sauvignon - Coombsville

      It's not every day that I spend more then say... $20 for a wine but lately it seems that I have been doing so a bit more often the...