Monday, May 13, 2013

The Desert Wine Guy - Hello From Las Vegas Nevada

My Cabernet Sauvignon
Bridlewood Cabarnet Sauvignon
  Welcome wine lovers to the Desert wine guys introductory posting. This blog is dedicated not only of course to wine but to wine that someone from a middle class point of view would be interested in. Most wines covered here will top out around $35-40 (but there may be exceptions) which I feel fits right around the top of what the average middle class wine enthusiast will venture to spend. I will also review establishments that serve wine.
   I want to tell you a little about myself and why I decided to start this blog.I have lived in Las Vegas for around 30 years and have never thought about Las Vegas being a place to grow plants let alone grape vines for that matter. Approximately 6 years ago I decided to plant Thompson Seedless grapes in my backyard and guess what......they grew and grew very well. When I moved to my new house I had a decent sized backyard and decided for the heck of it to plant wine grapes. I decided to plant
Cabernet Sauvignon
vines and guess what .......they are growing very well. This year I decided to expand the vines down the side walls of my backyard and I decided to plant Merlot and once again guess what.....they are growing and all very well I might add. I think it is awesome that right here in the middle of the desert there are wine grapes growing and actually thriving, it is my "up yours" to the desert. That is one reason for this blog. The other reason is that there are a lot of wine magazines but none are really dedicated to us...the middle class wine drinker. I found out after tasting a lot of expensive wines that price does NOT always mean quality. There are $12 dollar bottles of wine such as Bridlewood Cabernet Sauvignon or Mirassou Riesling ($7 at Costco)  that I would put before $100 bottles of wine. Why should the middle class wine drinker not have top notch wine to drink or bring out for guests? One last thing that I would like my readers to know is that I am not beholding to anyone. If I review a wine or a restaurant and it's wine list you will always have my feelings and I will be honest, I do not care if a business likes or doesn't like my reviews. Reviews are opinions and my reviews are my opinions. My readers can come to this blog and receive real down to earth talk. I also am open to and welcome your comments. 
    With all this in mind, sit back and relax with a glass of wine and enjoy my first article. 

                                                                                 The Desert Wine Guy

No comments:

Post a Comment

2020 Matt Parish, Cabernet Sauvignon - Coombsville

      It's not every day that I spend more then say... $20 for a wine but lately it seems that I have been doing so a bit more often the...